Tuesday 5 March 2019

Gardening Update: Tomato

Assalamu Alaykum everyone!
Maryam here! As many of you may know I started gardening for the first time last year in September. I've done a few posts since then on decorating my Gardening Journal, the different plants I'm growing and a post on the first potatoes I've ever grown!
This post is on my Tomato plants which started flowering at the end of December, last year. Masha'Allah, since then a single tomato formed and I took some photos of the transformation. Take a look!
Day 72 (since seed was planted)...
...day 85...
...day 119...
...day 131...
...day 132.
I picked the tomato that day and left it in a dark place for a couple of days, and it turned really red in colour masha'Allah!
We ate it on its own to taste the full flavour of the tomato, any spices or food would definitely have altered the taste.
Masha'Allah it was very yummy, and SubhanAllah, home-grown food always tastes better than shop-bought.

Well that's all for this mid-week post. See you all on Friday insha'Allah!

Love and wasalaam,

Maryam.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love tomatoes raw in sandwiches!! Beats me to see how the tomato plant holds the tomatoes on - it's always so thin and the tomatoes so heavy! lol

    Maimoonah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! On one of the days it was very windy and the tomato plants were shaking wildly, I was worried the tomato would fall off! But, SubhanAllah, the plants are very strong.

    - Maryam

    ReplyDelete