Friday 19 October 2018

Maryam's Gardening Journal

Assalamu Alaikum everyone!
Maryam here! Over the holidays I became interested in gardening and bought some seed packets and a gardening book. In September I decided to keep a record of the plants I planned to grow in a special journal. Currently I've sown beans, peas, tomatoes, chilli seeds and onions.
Today I'm going to show you how I decorated the cover of my journal. It's very simple and I hope you like it!

I chose a spiral-bound notebook with a plain brown cover.
Then chose different pieces of card and paper with warm earthy shades, tore them up and stuck them down.
I added some Washi tape and stickers.
 I especially liked the cork stickers and the fact that the butterflies had textured wings.
Then I went in with a pencil and lightly sketched some flowers and vegetables.
Using a black pen I outlined the drawing, brightened it up with some colours and used a white pen for highlights.
Masha'Allah, I am pleased with the way it turned out!
Insha'Allah, I will show you some photos of my plants later on(if they're still alive) and give you an update on my gardening journal.
This is my first time gardening and it has been very enjoyable so far. It rained quite a bit yesterday and surprisingly there was a little hail too! If you didn't know, it is the growing season here in Qatar. Why not give gardening a try? It's very therapeutic.
Well, that's all for this post. Take care.

Wassalam,

Maryam




No comments:

Post a Comment