Friday 5 October 2018

Zainab's Handmade Journal Collection

Assalamu Alaikum!
It's Zainab here. Today I'll be showing you my handmade journal collection. Some of them are ones I made myself and others are Eid gifts I received. Sumayyah also shared her journal collection and you can click here to see them.
This is the first journal that I made. I made it about two years ago and have filled it up completely. In it I wrote about anything interesting that happened that I wanted to record.
Here is the cover.
On the inside I stuck a little paper bag to use as a pocket to store things in.
Since I've written personal things in here I can't really show you many of the pages, but here are a few.
Here are some close ups.
You can click here to see my Coraline-inspired journal.
On the last page there are a couple of pockets...
...and here is the back.
The next journal is the second one that I made.
It is a holiday journal and I still have plenty of pages left to write in.
The cover is very plain but I like it that way. It is covered in crinkly wrapping paper and decorated with lace and a charm.
Here is the first page. I printed the image onto canvas paper. The drawing was a gift from Sumayyah.
Here are a few pages. Most are just blank coffee-dyed pages. I flicked brown paint onto a lot of them using a paintbrush.
Last page and the cork bookmark.
Here's the back.
You may have already seen my dua'a journal from a previous post
My sister Hanifah made it for me during Ramadan, masha'Allah. You can click here to see how to make one yourself.
Here are a few of the pages.
And here is the last page with a tuck spot on the right.
Moving on to the next journal which was a gift from my mother a couple of Eids ago, masha'Allah. Here is the cover.
It is a How-To-Train-Your-Dragon-themed journal. I just record random things in it. Here are some of the pages.
This is a fold-out image.
I've stuck some of the dragon collector cards in the journal. If you don't know, How To Train Your Dragon is a book series that I've read. It's about a boy who lives in a world with dragons.
Here is the back...
...and the front again.
Masha'Allah, my mother made me another journal this year for Eid-ul-Fitr. I did show it in a previous post.
Here is the cover with lovely hand-drawn flowers.
During our summer holiday we stayed in a cottage in the countryside. I used this journal to write about the cottage and its surroundings. It is quite small and therefore it makes a good travel-sized journal.
Here are a few pages.
Can you tell we're using the pinecone as a paperweight? ;)
Here is the back.
And last but not least is this journal that Maryam made me for Eid. Again, I did show photos of it in a previous post and you can click here to see them.
Opening up the journal...
I haven't yet decided what to use this journal for. Any suggestions?
Here are some of the pages.
And here is the back of the journal.

Insha'Allah you have liked this post and hopefully my journals have given you some inspiration for own. See you next week!


Take care and Wassalam,

Zainab











No comments:

Post a Comment