Friday 1 June 2018

Handmade Dua'a and Quran Journals

Assalamu Alaikum!
It's Hanifah here. I made these journals for Maryam, Zainab and myself. We thought it would be a nice idea to keep journals focusing on something more meaningful during Ramadan. Insha'Allah, we plan on using them throughout the year.
If you remember, a while ago I made these journal covers. They were made from cardboard and decorated with patterned card and a small wooden frame.
On the inside I put a pocket on the left and a tuck spot on the right.
After making your own journal cover you will need to make the pages. I used a mixture of different types of paper and card for the pages. However, you could just use regular printer paper if you prefer.
Cut the pages to a suitable size; a bit smaller than your journal cover. Then fold them in half.
Next place the pages into the journal cover and secure with binder clips.
You could poke holes through the journal using an awl to make sewing easier.
I bound the journals my own way but you can watch this tutorial to see another easy method.
Then you are done!
In case you were wondering, I had made Sumayyah a similar journal which she received in her Ramadan Treat Box last week. We all love keeping journals and journaling is a very therapeutic hobby so you should definitely give it a go.

Thank you for reading this post and we'll see you soon, insha'Allah.

Wassalam,

Hanifah



No comments:

Post a Comment