Assalamu Alaikum everyone!
Maryam here, and this recipe of the month is an easy and delicious one; Scones!
200g (8 oz) white self raising flour
pinch of salt
50g (2 oz) butter
25g (1 oz) caster sugar
125ml (1/4 pint) milk
1) Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius, 425 degrees Fahrenheit, gas mark 7. Grease a baking tray.
2) Mix flour and salt together.
3) Rub in butter.
4) Stir in sugar.
5) Add milk. Mix to a soft dough and turn onto a floured board.
6) Knead lightly and roll out to just over 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick. Cut into rounds and place on the greased baking tray. (You can lightly brush the rounds with a little milk)
7) Bake for 10 - 12 minutes on the second shelf from the top of the oven.
8) Serve with butter, jam and cream! Great with a cup of tea.
Love and wasalaam,