Friday 28 December 2018

Maryam's Gardening Journal Update

Assalamu Alaykum everyone!
Awhile back in October I did a post on how I decorated my Gardening Journal. Today I'm going to give you an update on it and show you the plants I'm growing.
On the first page I drew a simple chart to record the date I planted each seed and the date I will harvest them insha'Allah. This way I will know on average how long it takes for each plant to grow.
At the back of the book I started to record the growing stages of each plant.
Here are my plants growing on my balcony.
 Tomato plants flowering.
Garlic.
Chilli plants with pretty white flowers.
Onions. (I planted eight seeds but only two sprouted.)
Potato plant. (It grew through the rails and hung over the side of the wall, but a few days ago it got rather windy and it grazed against the rough wall and some of the leaves were damaged. So I tied it up loosely to the rail and insha'Allah it will grow better.)
A few weeks ago I picked my first three beans and masha'Allah they were yummy, but hardly enough for the whole family! :)
Now, no more beans are growing and I'm not sure what to do. I might leave it until the plant dies completely, because right now it is still a bit green.
My pea plants started really well, masha'Allah, but after while began to turn yellowy-brown. But not long ago the parts that remained green started to flower! I'll do some research to try and find out what's wrong. Here's what it looks like.
My mother bought this Aloe Vera plant from the shop. I've been tending to it and masha'Allah it's grown so much and will insha'Allah flower any week now!
Well that's all for my Gardening Update. I hope you liked this post, and I'll see you again next week insha'Allah.
Wasalaam,

Maryam.





5 comments:

  1. That's a lovely garden, MaashaaAllah. Have you tried planting strawberries? We did once and they flowered perfectly the second time, but the first time the birds ate the berries, so we had to cover them with a net.
    I hope your peas turn out okay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam! I'm glad you like my garden. No, I haven't tried planting strawberries but I'll definitely give it a go, insha'Allah.

      Delete
  2. Mashaa Allaah, I love plants, and so does my dad. Maybe your peas have root rot. Whatever it is, I hope they grow better soon inshaa Allaah!

    We live on a ground floor apartment, and no place where I can hang plants or keep them on the windowsill, so we can't give the plants any sunlight. But I used to tend to the plants in my grandma's garden in Sri Lanka.
    Maimoonah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam! I'm hoping my peas turn out OK too, insha'Allah :). In our compound they don't allow you to plant anything in the garden, unless you keep them in pots.

      - Maryam

      Delete
    2. We have a garden in Jordan too! Clementine and olive trees, as well as mint mushes.

      Delete