Friday 21 December 2018

Sumayyah's Handmade Felt Bag

Assalamu Alaikum everyone!
Sumayyah here. Today I'm going to show you a felt bag I made with my mum. It is easy to make if an adult is helping you but if no one is, then it might be hard. I really enjoyed making this and I hope that you will like it.

Here's how we did it. First I chose some patterned felts that I liked. Then my mum cut out these pieces.
Then I sewed the large pieces together and the medium pieces together too. I used a running stitch.
I added a pocket - this time I only sewed three of the sides.
Then I placed the medium piece on top of the large piece covering the pocket, like this.
I sewed three of the sides - like the pocket. This time I used a blanket stitch. It was a bit hard sewing through four layers of felt. You need a big strong needle or perhaps thinner felt.
My mum added wooden buttons and attached a decorative cord. She also made some holes in the flap and I sewed around them using a blanket stitch again.
She added some feathers and a little pretty charm. And it was done!
The front.
The back.
The feathers and charm.
A peek inside.
I hope you liked this craft, and that it inspires you to do more crafty things like this.

Wassalam,

Sumayyah

2 comments:

  1. MaashaaAllah, that's adorable! My little sister likes to sew too, and she makes cute felt houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cute felt houses sound adorable too! I hope your little sister can make this bag.

    - Sumayyah

    ReplyDelete