Wednesday 23 January 2019

Gardening Update: Potatoes

Assalamu Alaykum everyone!
This quick post is on my potato plants. During the first week of January the plant's leaves started turning yellow, then very quickly brown, until it died in the space of 2 or 3 days. I researched and found it was because of the sudden change in hot temperatures.
"... potato plants and tubers that are exposed to hot sun and winds after cloudy weather can suffer damage and die..."
So I let the soil dry, and because January has been pretty cloudy, it took a while. Four days ago I emptied the pot of soil, and to be honest I didn't expect to find any potatoes, and then subhanAllah! there they were, three small potatoes and one really tiny one I almost missed!
Today I fried them and put them in a homemade Falafil Wrap. (Falafil is a mixture of ground spiced chickpeas or fava beans that is shaped into balls and deep-fried.)
Masha'Allah it was delicious and the whole family liked it. Well that's all for this short post. See you on Friday insha'Allah.

Love and wasalaam,

Maryam.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thatøs great MaashaaAllah! Iød really love to try gardening someday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you do give it a go someday because it's very therapeutic.

      - Maryam

      Delete