Friday 18 January 2019

DIY Toilet-roll Birdfeeder

Assalamu Alaikum everyone!
If you are looking for an easy way to recycle your old toilet rolls then this is the perfect craft for you. It is so simple and quite fun to make, so let's get started!

You will need:-
toilet rolls
string
scissors
a pencil or an awl
honey
birdseeds

First you will need to poke four evenly-spaced holes along the length of the toilet roll tube.
Then fill two shallow trays; one with honey and one with birdseeds.
Next roll the toilet roll tube in the honey. Make sure you don't coat the holes in honey, though.
Then roll the honey-covered toilet roll in the birdseed tray.
After that, attach the string as shown below.
Then hang the birdfeeder outside and you are done!
Of course, you're not really done. You'll probably want to make a few more - we made five and hung them all around the garden.
Have fun!

Love and Wassalam,



6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I would love to try this. Lot of house sparrows and bulbuls live where I do, so I want to hang it next to our window sill.

    Maimoonah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are lots of sparrows and bulbuls where we live as well. Only hope it doesn't attract ants to your windowsill! Have fun!

      Delete
    2. Ohh yeah. My parents certainly wouldn't be pleased! I will not try this in Sri Lanka lol. If you drop a crumb there it attracts almost 50 ants!

      Delete
  2. Oh that's cool. I think I'll try this and hang them in front of our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love attracting birds to our garden and this craft should help, insha'Allah. Just be warned that it might attract other things too, such as bugs and mice! We hope you give it a go and have fun making it!

      Delete
    2. Oh ugh, mice. I don't think that our compound have mice though bugs may be a problem. I'll see, if it gets too bad, I'll remove them.

      Delete