Friday 9 November 2018

Lemon Spice Cake Recipe

Assalamu Alaykum everyone!
Maryam here this week with a very easy recipe for you to try.
Ingredients:
100g (4 oz)  butter
100g (4 oz)  soft brown sugar
150g (6 oz)  wholemeal self raising flour
1 tsp  mixed spice
2  eggs
1  large lemon, rind and juice
75 (3 oz) caster sugar

Method:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius, 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line a 20 cm (8 inch) round cake tin.
Step 2: Warm the butter and soft brown sugar in a saucepan.
Step 3: Stir in flour, spice, eggs and lemon rind.
Step 4: Pour into prepared tin and bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
Step 5: Mix lemon juice and caster sugar together and pour over the warm baked cake. Leave to cool in the tin.
Step 6: Enjoy with a cup of tea!
Masha'Allah it's very simple and quick, and definitely one of my favourites.
I hope you decide to give it a go and I'll see you next week insha'Allah.

Love and wasalaam,

Maryam

 


2 comments:

  1. Assalaamu alaikum, this is Maimoonah @ Maimoonah's Radiant Space. It's been a year since I've read your comment on my blog, and I've been meaning to reply to it every time I got onto it. Sometimes you just don't want to blog, do you? Well, I felt like that for a year. I had another site and I was on it for at least half a year before I deleted it.

    But now yay! Alhamdulillaah I now feel like blogging and getting back into things, trying to make up what I've missed.

    I enjoy all of your posts, and I love your book recommendations! I have read a few books you recommend.

    Well, thats a pretty long comment, but detailed, I hope.

    Assalaamu Alaikum
    Maimoonah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu Alaikum, Maimoonah!

    It's nice to hear from you and to hear that you are back blogging, masha'Allah. We are pleased that you enjoy our book recommendations - insha'Allah, we will be doing another one next month.

    Don't worry your comment was not too long!
    Take care and Wassalam.

    ReplyDelete