Friday 10 November 2017

Maryam's Holiday Journal

Assalamu Alaykum!

Maryam here. Today I would like to share with you my Summer 2017 holiday journal which I made a while ago. I'll also show some pictures to give you a basic idea of how I made it. So here it is; I hope you enjoy!

Here is the cover; a simple collage in brown and green. You can see how I designed it here on our old blog.
I used some of the original pages of the book and some other cards, papers and envelopes, which I folded in half.
I covered the inside of the book with brown paper and I added pockets to the front and back by gluing the sides and bottoms. This way you can tuck pieces of paper or anything you like into them.
I covered the spine and the middle of the book with some decorative tape which I thought suited the colour scheme.
Then I went ahead and bound the folded pages with some strong thread. You can see the process of binding a journal here.
I checked to make sure that the pages where sewn in tightly.
Using scraps of card, I stapled tabs onto the ends of some of the pages.
Here is the final result. I am very happy with the way it turned out, masha'Allah.
See you next Friday insha'Allah!

Wassalam,

Maryam

No comments:

Post a Comment