Friday 15 September 2017

Strawberry Lemonade Recipe


Assalamu Alaikum!

It's Hanifah and today I'm here with a recipe for this delicious strawberry lemonade. I always make the lemonade in our house and I usually like to add a twist to it. This time the twist was strawberries. I think my favourite part is the pretty colour.

So, for this recipe you will need:-

6 large lemons
1.5 cups of strawberries
150g granulated sugar
1.5 litres of water

You will also need:-

1 large pan
a sieve
a funnel (optional)
large bottle or jar

Begin by mashing the strawberries with a fork or by sticking them in a blender. Save a few to garnish if you would like to.
Next, cut and squeeze the lemons.

Pour the water into a large pan and add the sugar. Heat the pan gently and mix until the sugar dissolves.

Then add the mashed strawberries. Let sit for around 10 minutes on a low heat stirring occasionally.

You could add the lemon juice at the same time but I like to wait a while for the strawberry flavour to sink in. I'm not really sure that it makes a difference though so you don't have to. :)
Once you've stirred in the lemon juice you can turn off the heat. Taste and add more sugar if needed.

Let it cool for a bit before sieving it into a large jar or bottle.

Serve cold and garnish with the extra strawberries.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment