Friday 22 September 2017

DIY Notebook Covers


Assalamu Alaykum!

Zainab and Sumayyah here! This week we are showing you our DIY notebook covers. You can decorate your own books using anything you like.

These are the things that Sumayyah used for hers:-
Old yellowed paper
White glue and UHU glue
Watercolour paints
Oil paints
Felt-tip pens
White pen
Mod podge

First I covered the front and back of my notebook with the old paper.
Then I painted it with oil paints.
Next I made a pattern using a white pen and went over it with blue and purple markers.
I added a lot of moons in the background using watercolour paints.
I went over everything with mod podge and added dragon silhouettes. This is the back of the book.
I wanted my notebook to be a dragon themed one and this is how it turned out!
For Zainab's notebook:
I started off in the same way that Sumayyah did. I used watercolour paints for the background and only used oil paints for the border.
I wanted mine to have a nature theme and so I used patterned cards and pressed flowers and leaves.
Then I made a collage on the front.
I stamped my name onto a piece of paper and added it to the cover. I also added tiny gem stickers around the flower.
This is how my book looks now.
We really enjoyed decorating these notebooks and hope that you have gotten inspiration from our work.

Wassalam,




No comments:

Post a Comment