Friday 5 July 2019

Crochet Doll's Accessories (part 2)

Assalamu Alaikum!
It's Zainab here. As promised here is the next part to my crochet doll's accessories post. If you haven't seen the first part you can click here to view it. In today's post I'll be showing you some jackets, boots, a bag and some crochet pet rabbits.

Here is one of our dolls modelling the outfits for you!
This jacket was my first successful one.
I had made two before but they didn't turn out right. I followed this YouTube video to make it.
These were the second pair of boots that I made. They are easy to remove but they fit well and don't fall off when playing with the doll. I made up the pattern for them myself, masha'Allah.
Moving on to the next outfit.
It's the same as the other jacket only I added ruffles to the sleeves.
These boots were my third try. They are much longer than the previous pair.
This is the only bag I have made so far. Again, it's a pattern that I just made up.
After two failed attempts to make a crochet rabbit, I finally came up with a pattern that seems to work, alhamdulillah. I got inspiration from this YouTube video on how to make a crochet teddy bear. It is very long but I only used the part on how to make the bear's body. Only I lessened the amount of stitches so that they would turn out smaller. I also didn't make the limbs because I found them cuter that way!
These are the only photos we have of the pet rabbits. I made them for some of Sumayyah's friends.
Here are the failed attempts! Remember they are meant to be rabbits, but one looks a bit like a dog and the other looks more like an owl.
I gave them to Sumayyah to keep and they are still quite cute really. Only you can't tell what animal they are meant to be!
Alhamdulillah, I am very happy with all the accessories I've made - even the mistakes. Without making mistakes I wouldn't have learnt, so I'm glad that I made them! I hope you have enjoyed this post and are looking forward to part three, insha'Allah!

Wassalam,

Zainab



2 comments:

  1. What did you stuff them in? Cotton? Or you didn't stuff them? I think you did because they look solid, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used stuffing from a pillow. The rabbits would still hold their shape without the stuffing, but it just helps to have the extra support. The tighter the stitches the stiffer whatever you crochet will be.

      - Zainab

      Delete