Friday 1 December 2017

DIY Card Décor

Assalamu Alaykum!

Zainab here. Today I would like to show you how I decorate some of my cards. I like to make origami dresses to put on them. This is the card I made today:

If you would like to know how to make your own origami dress you can click here.

To make a similar card you will need:
an origami dress
glue
a ruler
scissors or a Stanley knife
a plain card
patterned paper

First select a pattern that goes with your dress's colour. I chose a pattern that had a lot of purple in it.
Cut a rectangle out of the patterned paper so you can use the border like this:
Make sure that the border is smaller than your card. Now you can move your border and dress around on your card and roughly decide how you want it to look.
Once you've decided you can now think of other designs to put on your card. I cut out two strips of patterned card...
...and snipped and trimmed them to make them look like strips of ribbon.
Then I glued everything down.
The card still looked a little plain, so I added a few embellishments...
And now it looks like this, Masha'Allah!
Here are some other cards I made:
I hope you liked this post and that it inspires you to make your own cards too!


Wassalam,
Zainab







No comments:

Post a Comment