Friday 8 December 2017

5 Read-Aloud Book Recommendations

Assalamu Alaykum!

Sumayyah here! I'm going to do a book recommendation post today. I'm going to do read aloud books; some which I use to like to listen to when I was younger, and I still like reading them now.

1. PEEPO
I'd first like to start with a favourite of all the family: PEEPO.
What I like about this book is that it's very nice for a mother or a father to read to their little child. It's a lovely, calm book about a baby who looks around and the book says what he sees. I like the fact that it's a rhyming book, and the fact that it's set in wartime. It's set in World War 2. The drawings are lovely, Mashallah!


2.The Selfish Crocodile
A lovely book{ Even if the crocodile is mean! But he turns good!}It's a nice book because it's about a crocodile who learns to share and not be selfish and makes a friend! It's about sharing and not being selfish to other people. I like the illustrations as well! 

3. Lost and Found Cat
I like this book because it's about a family that was being smuggled out of Mosul in Iraq. They didn't want to leave their cat, Kunkush, behind so they took him with them, but on the way he got separated from them. Many people tried to help find this cat and reunite him with his family. I think the title goes well with the story because Kunkush is lost and then found. It is also nice because this was a true story. Kunkush reminds me of our cat, but if she ever got lost, I tell you she would not come looking for us!

4. The King in the Forest
I like The King in the Forest because it's a nice short book but enjoyable at the same time. I like the drawings in the book, and the plot is very good. It's about a boy who finds a white fawn, and then he saves it and they grow up together. But then the stag gets in danger again and the man has to help save him from the king and his soldiers.


5. Julia Donaldson's Books
I like Julia Donaldson's books because they have very nice drawings in them, and they are a big collection. I also like them because they are rhyming stories. I'll only be talking about my favourite one: Room on the Broom.
I like this book because it's about this witch and all her stuff gets lost, but she makes friends with some animals that find her stuff. But one creature is bad and tries to eat her! The illustrations are great, and I like the cover. Julia Donaldson has also made activity books of some of her story books.

So, that's it! I hope you have enjoyed yourselves.

Wassalam,

Sumayyah (aged 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment