Friday 28 February 2020

Sumayyah's Artwork

Assalamu Alaikum everyone!
It's Sumayyah here. Today I would like to share with you some of my latest artwork. Last week I was in the mood to paint. I had a loose tooth which was hurting me. So I used what was hurting me as inspiration for my painting. Because I already knew what I wanted my picture to look like, I didn't need to sketch it out first. 
This is the painting.
It shows the tooth that was moving. The lightening represents the pain I was in, the angry tooth is my moving tooth and the dark clouds are for when I felt down.
The second one is from a couple days later.
On this day I was not in much pain, so I made the teeth in my painting happy. I felt more calm too, so I drew them in a cloud castle.
I did sketch this painting first because I wanted to make sure that it turned out the way I picture it in my head.
The painting shows the King of Teeth being visited by other teeth.
Masha'Allah, I'm very happy with the end results and I plan to paint some more, insha'Allah! I hope you like the paintings. See you next week, insha'Allah.

Wasalaam,

Sumayyah




3 comments:

  1. Mashallah Sumayyah,
    They both look fabulous!
    What an ease to know that you are let loose from that horrible pain!
    What did you color the pictures with? (watercolors,acrylic paint.etc)

    - Love and salams,
    Hanah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam,
      Thank you! I used watercolour paints. Do you enjoy painting? And did you ever just want to paint something without knowing what to paint?😊

      Love,
      Sumayyah

      Delete
  2. Walaikumsalam!
    Yup, we really enjoy painting,especially on canvases.We're not so good in painting with watercolors,however we like to use acrylic paints.
    And..Oh! yes, that happens to us many, many times!

    You could look at some of our pics we drew when we were smaller :

    https://momentsofwondernponder.blogspot.com/2020/02/cherishing-old-memories.html

    https://momentsofwondernponder.blogspot.com/2019/07/assalamualaykum-today-is-lovely-cool.html

    https://momentsofwondernponder.blogspot.com/2019/07/art-updates.html

    Love - H & K

    ReplyDelete