Friday 21 June 2019

Sumayyah's Abstract Artwork

Assalamu Alaikum!
Sumayyah here, and today, I would like to show you a very easy and fun project to do. It only takes a few minutes to do.

You will need:-
Scissors
Tape
Small or Big Canvas
Paint
Paintbrush
Palette (optional)

First, take your canvas and tape. Cut the tape and stick strips of it on the canvas, leaving some clear spaces as shown below.
Then paint the clear spaces. It's alright if the paint gets onto the tape.
When it dries, remove the tape.
If you like, you can paint the sides of the canvas as well.
And there, you are done!
This is a nice present to give to anyone who likes abstract art. If you have lots of canvases, you can make a lot in one day! Here are some embroidered canvases that I made for my parents for Eid.
I hope you liked this post and that you enjoy doing this craft.

Wassalam,

Sumayyah

4 comments:

  1. Salaam!
    I do this art every Eid. I forgot to take a picture, but I use masking tape and a HUGE canvas. I'm not sure I'll do it on Eidul Adha, but I do it almost every Eidul Fitr. In random places I use glue and glitter. (Of course it needs about 6 coats to ensure it doesn't come off!)

    Maimoonah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wassalam,

    I really want to do this art on a big canvas, but I don't have one. My mother said she can try to get me one, insha'Allah. This is the first time I have done this, but Zainab did it before. I hope to do more of these soon, insha'Allah.

    - Sumayyah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Rawnaq has good quality ones, but beware they are expensive! I got an A4 size canvas (cheap quality) and painted on that last year. Inshaa Allaah you will get one.

      Delete