Friday 20 July 2018

Easy Fruit Cake Recipe

Assalamu Alaikum everyone!
Maryam here this week and I'd like to share with you all this 3-step, very easy fruit cake recipe. So lets begin!

Ingredients:
600g mixed dried fruit (I like to use a mixture of raisins, currents, sultanas and dates)
200g caster sugar
200g butter
1/2 pint of water
2 eggs, beaten
400g self raising flour (I like to put half wholemeal and half white to make it heavier)

Method:
  Step 1 : Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius, 325 degrees Fahrenheit, gas mark 3. Grease and line a 9 inch square cake tin.
Step 2 : Place fruit, sugar, butter and water in a saucepan, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Step 3 : Cool, then stir in the eggs and flour. Turn into the prepared tin, level surface and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
And that is it! MashAllah it is that easy. I like to store it in a tin and have it after a few hours or the next day.
So that is it for this post. I hope you liked it and I'll see you next Friday Inshallah.

Wasalaam,

Maryam
 


No comments:

Post a Comment