Friday 25 May 2018

Hanifah's Date Ma'moul Recipe

Assalamu Alaikum everyone!
As promised here is the recipe for my date ma'moul! I know that it is not a 'proper' ma'moul recipe but our family really likes it. Hopefully you will give it a try and let us know what you think.

Ingredients:-
20 medjool dates
1 tsp rosewater(optional)
330g butter
150g sugar
525g flour
1 egg(whisked)

First mash the dates. You can use a fork or a food processer. Add the rosewater and mix well.
Next you will need to beat the butter with a wooden spoon until it is soft.
Then add the sugar and cream them together.
Sift in half of the flour and combine. Then add the egg and remaining flour and combine to form a dough.
Roll the dough into even-sized balls. This recipe should form around 20. Make a hole in each ball and add the date filling.
Then roll it into a ball again and press into a ma'moul mould. If you don't have any don't worry, you don't need them.
Place on a baking tray and bake on a high shelf for 30 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
And you're done!
This is an easy recipe and it is made with a few simple ingredients.
I hope you liked the post and we'll see you again next Friday.

Wassalam,

Hanifah






5 comments:

  1. I want to halve the recipe, so that it makes half the maamouls.
    Um, how many eggs do I put? One, or do I need to... halve it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that sure, actually. Maybe try the whole egg? Just guessing here!

    Oh, I have made the recipe without an egg(when I forgot to add it once) and it did work. Only the dough ends up being more biscuit-like(meaning more crumbly).

    Good luck! Let us know how you get on, insha'Allah.

    - Hanifah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, inshaa Allaah I will try it without an egg then. Also not sure if we have eggs lol. I LOVE the crumbly maamouls.

    Inshaa Allaah - soon, maybe tomorrow or the day after

    Maimoonah T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (cwl) I ended up making the recipe today! As you said, it was a bit crumbly, but otherwise great. I used milk for the liquid.

      It made 6 maamouls and only three remain, no wait two.

      Mashaa Allaah - it tastes GREAT!!

      Maimoonah

      Delete
    2. Assalamu Alaikum, Maimoonah.

      I'm so glad it turned out well! I haven't made these in a while, so I might have to soon, insha'Allah.

      - Hanifah

      Delete