Friday 13 October 2017

Homemade Muesli Recipe

Assalamu alaikum!
Maryam here. Today I thought I would share my recipe for one of my favourite healthy breakfasts: muesli.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
2 cups Oats
1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
1 cup Mixed Dried Fruit (I put currents, raisons, sultanas and apricots)
5 large Dates
1/2 cup Coconut Chips

(1) Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius, 325 degrees Fahrenheit, gas mark 3)
(2) Put the coconut oil in a pan over the stove and heat, on low, only until the oil is melted.
(3) Then mix in the maple syrup, before stirring in the oats, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
(4) Pour it into a baking tray and spread it evenly. Bake it for 15 minutes.
(5) Remove it from the oven and mix in the dried fruit, dates and coconut chips. Bake it for a further 5 minutes or until golden.
(6) Allow it to cool and then transfer to an airtight container.
I hope you liked this recipe. It is quick and easy to make and very healthy for you. See you next Friday insha'Allah.
Love,  

No comments:

Post a Comment