Friday 3 July 2020

American Pancakes Recipe

Assalamu Alaikum!
It's Maryam here this week. For this month's recipe I thought I'd share one that I've been making for years. I watched and helped my Mum make this easy breakfast for the family as a child, and to this day it is one of my favourites!
Let's begin!

Ingredients:
(Because we are a large family, I have tripled the recipe, which is why the ingredients in the photos may look a lot more than what the recipe measurements call for :) )

135g plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar

130ml/4 1/2 floz milk
1 large egg
2 tbsp. olive oil/melted butter

Method:
Step 1: Place the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl and whisk until combined.
Step 2: Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the milk, egg and oil. Whisk well until there are no lumps and the batter is smooth. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes at least.
Step 3: Heat a pan on medium heat. Spoon the thick batter onto the pan and cook until a few bubbles can be seen on the surface of the pancake.
Flip and cook until golden brown, around 30 seconds.
And you are done, alhamdulillah!
Serve warm and top with fresh berries and sweet maple syrup.
I hope you liked this recipe. It is quick and easy and one I always enjoy whipping up in a few minutes!
Well that is all for today. See you all next week insha'Allah!

Love and wasalaam,

Maryam


2 comments: