Friday 13 March 2020

Collage Spread Craft

Assalamu Alaikum everybody!
Todays craft is one that we had completely forgotten about. So lets begin!
The aim of the craft is to start with a plain piece of A4 sized paper/card and get creative with paints, colours, patterned paper/material, ribbons, etc.
For this post we will show you Maryam's and Zainab's spreads and save Hanifah's and Sumayyah's for another Friday, insha'Allah.

Maryam's Spread
It's Maryam! I didn't really have anything planned other than I wanted to include nature in my spread. So I decided to go for a safe light colour for the background, and settled on different shades of pink.
I then stuck on a heart shaped paper doily and some torn patterned paper for some texture.
Then I painted over it again. I didn't know were I was going with it all so I stuck a tree in there to help me, and then, masha'Allah it all started to come together!
I added clouds that ended up becoming mountains in the sky/distance.
I'm happy with the end result alhamdulillah and this craft has definitely made me want to paint more often.

Zainab's Spread
It's Zainab here! I knew I wanted to use a lot of materials and that they would overlap. I chose my patterned papers and decided on a colour for the background that suited them best; which was a mixture of red and brown.
I stuck papers down like so, making them resemble mountains and hills. I used a little patterned tap too.
I felt the middle was a bit bare, so I wrote a quote with a brown pen.
Alhamdulillah, I am happy with the result.
Well that is all for today. We hope you liked our collage spreads and that you give it a go and get creative! Until next Friday, insha'Allah.

Love and wasalaam,




No comments:

Post a Comment