Friday 16 August 2019

4 Book Series for Boys & Girls

Assalamu Alaykum!
It is Zainab here, and today I will be recommending book series for boys and girls. These are some books that me and my siblings read and really enjoyed.

The Secret Seven
by Enid Blyton
The Secret Seven is a series of fifteen books about seven kids that have a club, and they are known as the Secret Seven. In almost each book there is a mystery or a problem and the Secret Seven must solve it. This is a series that got Hanifah reading as she found it fun and exciting.
The books are also short so they are fast paced and don't take long to get to the mystery. This is a good series to start off with if you want to get a young child into reading.

Goosebumps
by R.L.Stine
This series got me reading. There are over a hundred of these books, all are creepy stories that at times did give me goosebumps! They are about kids that meet monsters, or have strange, deadly teachers, or are a part of an experiment and don't even know it! The majority of the books can be read as stand-alones, but some stories are about the same monsters coming back for revenge. I started reading these when I was ten, but they never terrified me, they were always just so exciting and thrilling to read.

The covers for me were definitely scarier than the stories, and the stories could sometimes have a bit of humour. 
There is also a series of Goosebumps: Horrorland books...
...as well as Goosebumps: Hall of Horrors...
...and Goosebumps: Most Wanted.

Astrosaurs
by Steve Cole 
Astrosaurs is about dinosaurs that went up into space before an asteroid struck Earth. These dinosaurs now live in space, the meat-eaters to one side and the grass-eaters on the other side. Sometimes fights occur between the two, or a group of spaceships go missing, or robots try to take over, and that is why special dinosaurs known as Astrosaurs come to the rescue.
 The books are always entertaining, and I got to learn lots of different types of dinosaurs that are introduced in each book. The books are short and simple to read. This is also a series that kept me reading, as there are so many to collect. The Astrosaurs are always on a new adventure, or solving a new crime, and because it is about dinosaurs living in space, the books are rather different and unique.


Astrosaurs Academy
by Steve Cole

 Astrosaurs Academy is about one of the Astrosaurs as a child, and how he trains to become an Astrosaur at the academy. We are introduced to new main characters, whom I also liked, and together they get into lots of trouble, and their adventures are just as fun, maybe more so because they are kids!
Lots of it has to do with their training and how they stumble across trouble; they are too young to go on any actual missions, but when faced with a dangerous robot T-Rex or evil school teachers they still save the day.


Well, those are all the books I can think of. Hopefully they will encourage more children to read, and I hope you have enjoyed my recommendations.


Wassalam,
Zainab






3 comments:

  1. The Secret Seven was not exactly my favourite series at that time (4-5 years ago!). It is mildly confusing and some of their names are a bit similar to each other so I kept getting mixed up. Now, however, it is just fine, I can remember most of their names.
    I find the covers of Goosebumps pretty terrifying. They should release less scary covers! I don't think I'll have nightmares, though. I rarely do.

    Astrosaurs Academy - strangely familiar. I recognize the 'Destination Danger' but I can't remember where I saw it...

    I have to go now,

    Maimoonah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assalamu Alaikum,

      I haven't read the entire Secret Seven series. Some of the books seem more interesting than others. Goosebumps and Astrosaurs are my favourite series on the list.

      - Zainab

      Delete
    2. Wa alaikum salaam.
      You should, they are free here (blocked for UK residents)- http://www.goanwap.com/ebook-bly-list-0.html

      Maimoonah

      Delete